The meaning of the MES system
Some people may not yet know MES ( Manufacturing Execution System ), in fact it is not a new technology. The MES system is a production information management system for the execution layer of the manufacturing enterprise. MES can provide enterprises with manufacturing data management, planning scheduling management, production scheduling management, inventory management, quality management, human resource management, work center, equipment management, tool workers Management modules such as equipment management, procurement management, cost management, project kanban management, production process control, underlying data integration analysis, and upper-level data integration and decomposition, to create a solid, A comprehensive, feasible manufacturing collaborative management platform.Production automation consists of four parts: physical equipment, SCADA, HMI, and MES. Each layer plays an important role in the manufacturing process character of. As an intermediary, MES extracts data from the factory floor and provides it to ERP systems and managers.MES is an IT-supported system that provides improvements to engineers and managers in the production floor. And optimize the solution for the production process. MES provides a solution that produces maximum output at the lowest cost, improving the current production status of the shop floor. The MES system is also the middle layer between the ERP system and the process control system.
Do you need an MES system??
In today's competitive global marketplace, manufacturing is becoming more challenging and complex. In order to stay ahead of the competition, you need to have a clear understanding of all operations and health. Production process. This way, you can make the right decisions quickly and take action when necessary. If you want to manage product life with precise instructions, real-time data and intelligent production Cycle execution and visibility into the entire process for better control, higher fit, and accurate time to market, then you may need MES.
MES SystemsManufacturing Execution System is the backbone of Industry 4.0.Today, even small and medium-sized enterprises must face the pressure of the market to make their production process more transparent. And an overview of all operational processes is available on a central platform. However, the daily production pain points of each factory are different, so the implemented MES function and selected functional modules should This should be adjusted according to actual needs.AAS offers customized MES solutions based on specific parameters provided by the customer. And with our German and Hungarian engineering partners Develop software systems together. With more than 30 years of expertise and experience in industrial IT, they serve a wide range of system integrators and manufacturers worldwide.
Problems in traditional manufacturing before adopting MES
- Production Output:Need to maintain a large inventory of finished products to keep up with the ever-changing order inflows.
- Manual Process:There is a high probability of failure in manual operation, resulting in low efficiency and high scrap rate.
- Machine Availability:Unplanned downtime can even reduce productivity by 40%.
- Production Data:Production process data analysis is not possible, so no yield loss and quality issues have been identified.
- Process Control:Inflexible process control inhibits capacity growth.
- Energy Consumption:The increasing cost of energy consumption affects the profitability of enterprises.
- Product Innovation:Product innovation is difficult to meet market demand.
- Change Management:Coping with the speed of change。
- Information Delay:Getting the data is too late to perform a useful analysis.
- Traceability:Material traceability issues.
- Visibility:Poor visibility into ongoing work.
- productive Forces:Did not reach the production plan or production capacity.
- Systematic Dispersion:There are too many systems in the factory, lacking a unified real version.
Practical application points to consider
It provides real-time information about any client device (PC, HMI, smartphone, tablet, etc.) about the current state of the process, which is clearly summarized in a user-defined, customizable dashboard. Information interaction between operators, equipment and products at any time. Practical application points to consider:
1.Machine: Condition monitoring; OEE and utilization; production scheduling; maintenance planning; recording the root cause of downtime; molding tool tracking.
2.Product: Quality monitoring; material traceability; bill of materials; quantity calculation; statistical process control; waste routing and reporting; manual or automatic scrap registration;
3.Operator: Work schedule; operator permission (allows the operator to operate the machine); user access rights; production data is assigned to the operator (arranging who produces, which machine, which order, which quantity, how the quality, etc.).
Average return on investment for MES projects based on implemented applications
|delivery time||30% in advance|
|Machine utilization||Increase by 20%|
|Production planning time||50% shorter|
|Emergency response time||Not a few days but a few minutes|
|Deadline for new projects||100% on time|
|Process bottleneck||Identify and process problems before they occur|
|Missing material||Identifyed and processed before affecting normal production|
But where do you start...?
It may be difficult to use the MES system in the manufacturing process, so where do you start??
Some basic guidance suggestions:
● Start with a simple small project (eg OEE, process data collection, production scheduling, etc.). Focusing on solving the real pain points of your product has real business value.
● Identify pilot projects and follow up on implementation.
● A dedicated project manager or direct responsible person must be assigned.
● After the successful completion of the pilot project, the solution was gradually extended to more machines and systems (from one machine to one production line, from one production line to one production floor, etc.).
● The return on investment for a project can be funded for the next project to ensure management approval.
Please feel free to contact us for more information and solutions, or to review the application cases we have implemented.
We are honored and happy to provide our customers with practical MES tools to solve their daily production problems. We are eager to create greater value for your business through a smarter, more connected manufacturing approach.
AAS - Turnkey Automation Systems Engineering takes you closer to a new era of intelligent manufacturing